|Course||Course Length||Admitted applicants|
|International Film Business Academy (Producing)||8 months from March to October, 2024
(2 semesters, Including a four-week vacation)
|20 (including 2 Busan residents under the Busan quota)|
＊Detailed course schedule, including start dates, will be announced later.
＊The number of admitted applicants is subject to change depending on the pool of applicants.
|Open Call for Submissions||September 13, 2022 – November 16, 2022||Website|
|Application Period||October 17, 2022 – November 16, 2022||Website|
|First Screening (documents, portfolio, proposal for a feature-length narrative film)||November 28, 2022 – December 2, 2022|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates||December 16, 2022||Website, Direct Contact|
|Second Screening (interviews)||January 9 – 13, 2023||Conducted Online|
|Final Announcement of Admission Decisions||January 20, 2023||Website, Direct Contact|
＊This schedule may be subject to change.
- Please refer to the list of nations eligible to apply for the International Film Business Academy 2024. <Appendix 1>
B. There are no restrictions based on academic qualifications or age. Korean men must show proof of completion or exemption of mandatory military service.
C. Must be competent in English (all coursework will be conducted in English)
※ Personal Financial Guarantee with Official Bank Statements upon the confirmation of the final successful applicants (around January or February) is required for the Application for Certificate of Visa Eligibility (Visa Issuance) process - Approximately USD 3,000 (Minimum)
※ An additional Personal Financial Guarantee with Korean Bank Account approximately of USD 2,000 – 3,000 may also be required for Sojourn Extension Process during the second semesterB. A round-trip airfare provided to non-Korean fellows (details to be given later)
C. Dormitory room provided during the total period of education (including the vacation)
D. Medical Insurance (Limited coverage and National Health Insurance) to non-Korean fellows during the total period of education (including the vacation)
※ Registered foreigners are also obliged to pay National Health Insurance after 6 months of arrival in Korea (approximately USD 100 per month), and AFiS will also cover the insurance (up to 2 months)
* All forms must be completed in English.
1. Application form
2. Personal statement (500 words or less)
3. Statement of purpose (500 words or less)
4. Self-introduction video (2 minutes or less)
* Provide online links to Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
5. Summary of work experience (500 words or less)
* Please focus on experience related to film production or the film business
6. Portfolio introduction (500 words or less)
* Portfolio: Up to 2 works that can show the applicant’s potential as a film producer. Short or feature films, videos, novels, photographs, academic theses, etc are all acceptable.
7. Portfolio video
* Provide online links to Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
* If submitting a video file, please submit works which contain the applicant’s name in the end credits, whether it be in film, TV, web content or exhibited work. If you want to submit portfolio in other ways than online links, please ask for help via email (email@example.com).
8. Project proposal for a feature-length narrative film - Logline (50 words or less)
- Development idea (background, concept, intent, etc.) (300 words or less)
- Synopsis (400 words or less)
- Financing plan (250 words or less)
- Attach the documents mentioned below one by one. If a document consists of more than a file, combine the files into a single PDF file.
- If you want to submit other documents (‘Others’) that might help your application, compress all the documents into a zip file and name it “Name_Nationality”
1. Applicant’s completed academic degree, certificate of expected graduation in 2023, or proof of enrollment
2. Applicant’s curriculum vitae (in any format)
3. Recommendation letter (form attached) from a person directly related to or working in the film industry (this may include members of AFCNet)
4. Certification of working experience (Optional)
5. Other documents (Optional)
* When a Korean male applicant is selected at the final screening, they must submit an original copy of Abstract of Resident Registration (주민등록초본) which confirm his completion or exemption of military service by post office. Copies must be dated within 3 months of application period.
* Applicants who are shortlisted after the first round of screening must submit the digital copy of a personal medical assessment (form provided) via email. Detailed instructions will be provided to shortlisted applicants after the first round of screening.
- Any statements or documents which are found to have been forged, altered or knowingly falsified will result in the cancellation of admission to the program. Any resulting financial burden must be paid in full by the applicant.
- If an applicant conducted the illicit act mentioned above, the applicant's future admission to the Busan Asian Film School will be prohibited.
- After receiving applications, no forms or submissions will be returned to the applicant.
- No scores will be revealed during the application process.
- Any further issues not covered on this form will be determined by the school.
B. Scores received during the first round of screening will not affect the scores of the second round.
C. Busan Asian Film School will not select applicants whose total score fails to meet internal standards, regardless of entrance quotas.
|First Screening||Application evaluation||50 points|
|Portfolio evaluation(Including self-introduction video)||30 points|
|Evaluation for the project proposal||20 points|
|Second Screening||Interview||100 points|
B. Tuition: All admitted applicants will have tuition fees exempted (details will be announced at a later date)
C. Announcements: The announcement of shortlisted candidates and final admission decisions will be made available on www.afis.ac, and by direct contact.
* Selected applicants who do not enroll within the time frame will be seen as forfeiting their admissions.